Responsible for the security, integrity and performance of AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellowships (STPF) databases. Ensures that data remains consistent across the database and is clearly defined so that it can be presented to analysts and stakeholders. Manages the planning and development of the database, data security and recovery control.
- Builds, maintains, administers and supports databases.
- Keeps data secure by managing access, privileges and information migration.
- Installs and configures database management software/upgrades, translates database design, and diagnoses database performance issues.
- Develops backup and recovery strategies.
- Monitors servers to ensure capacity is not exceeded.
- Helps devise network strategies, tests systems, and develops system standards.
- Evaluates new tools and technologies, analyzes user needs, and presents findings to management, as well as schedules, plans and supervises their installation and testing.
- Provides users with training on new database software and systems.